Upper Arlington is my home. I grew up here, I raised my children here, and I plan to grow old here. I want to leave this city better than I found it so that other families all see Upper Arlington as the best place to live through all stages of life. I pledge to you, my neighbors, that I will work for you to take what is good about our city and strive to make it great.
As a member of City Council, I will work to:
- Improve community engagement
- Explore and utilize both traditional and innovative methods of communication
- Make City Council more accessible to the community with more informal opportunities to interact and share ideas
- Implement new ways to reach out to and engage our changing community to ensure that all residents feel confident in City leaders
- Safeguard our financial sustainability
- Review all financial proposals in the context of long-term viability
- Ensure that high quality services are maintained and that resources for that level of quality are preserved.
- Explore opportunities to collaborate with other entities including the UA Schools, other jurisdictions and the private and not-for- profit sector
- Foster an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, challenging the City administration to look for ways to serve residents more effectively and more efficiently
- Preserve our services and amenities
- Maintain the high quality safety services for which UA is known
- Promote public health and safety through other means including safer streets and sidewalks, and parks and bikeways that encourage healthy lifestyles
- Provide access to supportive services to allow seniors to feel safe and secure in their homes
- Encourage responsible economic development while maintaining the integrity of our neighborhoods